1. I swear, this blog might as well become completely dedicated to Tom's sleep habits, but we are experiencing a major regression over here. As in, wakes up in the middle of the night and has to go sleep with Pat on the couch because nothing can tempt him to go back to bed. Refusing naps and needing to be rocked to sleep for 89 hours before I can finally put him down. As we speak I am typing this while I listen to him alternate between babbling and yelling in the next room...but here's the deal: it's nap time.
2. I've mentioned before my two closest girls are getting married this summer. The first wedding is in two and a half months. And we don't have bridesmaids dresses yet. Love this girl, but I'm getting a tad nervous!
3. It's been seventeen minutes of not sleeping with no end in sight...
4. Yesterday some of our mission partners (i.e. people who give us money every month so we can eat) had us over for lunch. It was so nice. This couple really exemplifies the meaning of hospitality and I desire to be more like them. Their home is so welcoming and they are so focused on you that you just feel so relaxed and cherished. very cool.
5. In other wedding news, I need to plan a bridal shower for another wedding in which I am the maid of honor, and I really want it to be themed. Pinterest is a dangerous place, because I think my ideas are getting a little too big, but here are my ideas for themes so far: Chevron (bride loves chevron everything), vintage shabby chic (a la the tone of her wedding), or something southern themed as her fam is from New Orleans. I'm pretty excited to get to planning, but I have also never planned anything like this so... hopefully it doesn't end up being theme-less and boring.
6. It's almost guaranteed that Tom is standing in his crib facing the doorway right now waiting for me to come in. 22 minutes...
7. My heart is breaking over this Kermit Gosnell case. If you haven't heard about it, everyone should be aware of the atrocities that are occurring out there. Unfortunately, this is where our world is at right now. Support life. Defend life. Cherish life. The end.
And just so I don't have to end on such a heinous last take:
BONUS TAKE: Congratulations to Jen on the birth of her new little miracle! Praying for her recovery and for the health of that precious little guy.
Hop over to Camp Patton where Grace is hosting the takes in Jen's place this week. Happy Friday!
Totally unnecessary UPDATE: I predictably caved and went in and rocked him to sleep at the half hour mark. Anyone have any anecdotes/advice/commiseration/ideas they'd like to share regarding baby sleep?