Tuesday, April 2, 2013

10 Months Old

2 posts in one day? Lame. Obviously I am making great use of Tommy's naptime.
I've complained before about how when Tommy was born I wish I had had the foresight to do monthly photos and updates that I could look back on, for his first year. Well, I didn't but so much has happened so quickly, even in just the last week, so I thought I should document his current 10-month-old happenings just for fun. (I am totally stealing the format from another mommy I know that actually DID monthly updates)

Size: at 10 months, he is 22 lbs 8 oz and 30 inches long, aka HUGE. He is wearing mostly 18 month clothes, with a lingering pair of 9-12 month pants here and there.



Sleep: Well, after many months we decided to do a little cry it out action to see if that would help the boy sleep. While I hated it, Tommy is actually pretty good at it, and I don't think he ever cried for more than about ten minutes before falling asleep. For a few weeks there he was doing a solid 9-11 hour straight at night without waking up. Currently, he has a virus, and a cough keeping him up at night, and is sprouting two new teeth, but I am hoping and praying once that passes we will go back to sleeping again. HOWEVER, he did recently learn how to stand up in his crib, which I believe means that he won't be putting himself to sleep again anytime soon, until he can figure out how to get back DOWN once he gets UP. It's getting interesting. For the moment, we are taking about ten steps back, and rocking him to sleep, but fortunately he is still taking about 3 hours worth of naps a day, one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon, at roughly 10 ish and 2 ish.

Eating: everything he can get his little hands on. We did some purees for a while, but he has been eating pretty much just finger foods/things he can feed himself for about two months now. He loves to feed himself, and it seems to me like he will eat anything I put in front of him. He has 4 teeth, and two more sprouting, so he chews pretty well. I don't think we've actually fed him anything with a spoon for a while, but every once in a while he will let me feed him yogurt, oatmeal or applesuace, all of which he loves, or he can feed himself using these, which I really like. Being the thrifty person that I am (eh? not really) we've been able to get by without buying any baby food, which is awesome, because its been a lot cheaper feeding him whatever we have here. Likes: chicken, peas, any kind of fruit, peanut butter toast, cheese, asparagus, and bananas....the list goes on. He is a vacuum. He is also still nursing about 5 ish times a day (still roughly every three hours). No wonder he is huge.

Likes/Activity: He didn't start crawling until about a month ago, and even then it was just a sort of army/frog/worm crawl. As of about a week ago he is actually crawling on his knees, but he still does about half and half. If he's really after something he knows he can go faster on his belly, so he does that. He also just started pulling up on anything and everything, and likes to cruise the furniture. He claps all day long, just learned to wave not too long ago, and does pretty well sitting and playing with his toys. He really likes books (favorite: I love you through and through), and I think the cutest thing is watching him just sit and look at the pictures. His favorite toys are probably all of the different balls we have. He will do anything to gain access to a remote or a cell phone.





Dislikes: laying still for more than a second. Getting his diaper changed. Waiting too long for me to put food on his tray. I'm not trying to brag, but he is really a very happy baby and seems to love life!

Basically, he is super curious, and all boy, and hes getting big way too fast. Love him!



No comments: