Thursday, October 16, 2008

"The sky is gray, the sand is gray and the ocean is gray. And i feel right at home in this stunning monochrome, alone in my way. I smoke and i drink, and every time i blink i have a tiny dream. But as bad as i am, I'm proud of the fact that I'm worse than i seem. What kind of paradise am i looking for? I've got everything i want, and still i want more. Maybe some tiny shiny thing will wash up on the shore. You walk through my walls like a ghost on TV, you penetrate me. And my little pink heart is on its little brown raft floating out to sea. What can i say, but I'm wired this way and you're wired to me. What can i do, but wallow in you unintentionally? What kind of paradise am i looking for? I've got everything i want, but still i want more. Maybe some tiny, shiny key will wash up on the shore. Regretfully, i guess I've got three simple things to say. Why me, why this now, why this way? With over tows ringing, undertows pulling away under a sky that is gray, on sand that is gray, by an ocean that's gray. What kind of paradise am i looking for? I've got everything i want, but still i want more. Maybe some tiny, shiny key will wash up on the shore."

Maybe this is depressing and cliche, but lately the soundtrack to my life is Ani Difranco. I mean, shes this uber-feminist and her music is like nothing that i usually listen to, but shes got this rough honesty in her lyrics, and figures out ways to say things that i can't ever express. Gray is such a depressing song, ha ha but...something about it really talks to my heart, and how it has been feeling for a while now. I don't know, i wanted to write about something and Ani Difranco is just ringing in my head all the time right now. Basically that song said it all. What more can i say??

No comments: