Thursday, February 11, 2010

Best day ever.

Do you want to know where my focus is today? On my weaknesses. I just had the first "freakout" that I've had in quite some time. Lately, all of my stress has been flowing from the insane amount of work that I have to do. I was anticipating (wrongly) that this semester would be much easier than the hellish semester I had in the fall. Again...wrong. Today i feel like the most inadequate college senior ever. Almost to the point of tears, I realized (with the help of John who actually told me to calm down and stop freaking out)I needed to snap out of it and calm myself. It's moments like this where we can either choose to acknowledge the power of God or ignore it.
I received a message from a friend today that said this: "Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day I can live for God , do His will and love my neighbor "Best day Ever"---Today.
This may be the most stress filled day I've had in a long time. I may feel frustrated to the point of tears, and i may really want to burn all of my textbooks and go tell the registrar that i quit college. Or...I can choose to remember that today is the best day ever. That every moment is a gift- an opportunity to respond to God's love in faithfulness. God's power is made perfect in my weakness if i acknowledge his movement, even in times of stress and anxiety and downright weariness. Perhaps all I have to offer is a meager prayer, asking for strength and endurance. Perhaps all I can ask is for God to instill in me a deeper desire for Him, because right now, I AM weary. Okay...I'll offer it.
Lets approach Him in thanksgiving, even in the midst of trial and confusion and chaos.
Lord, thank you. Best day ever.

No comments: