Sunday, November 30, 2008

My days these past few weeks have been a series of ups and downs. I'm amazing one minute, the next I'm exhausted, the next I want to crawl into a hole, and the next I'm dancing in my computer chair to my new favorite song. Things haven't been easy lately. Making the transition from Italy to home was good in a lot of ways, but also painful too. Money is tight at home, and I'm working long shifts waiting tables and I haven't made any money yet. All my friends are at school again, and I've had the same damn cold for two weeks. But it's moments like the one that I'm having right now that make me remember how much i truly believe that everything is going to work out just fine...I don't remember when music started having the effect on me that it does, but I am so much better for it...it's like a light switch. I felt really down tonight, for no good reason really...and i was just about to go up to bed, but i decided to just listen to this song one more time for good measure...and all the sudden, it just reminded me that things are OK. Because if I'm sitting here right now, laughing, with tears in my eyes because of how much better just this simple song can make me feel, things can't be that bad right??

Tell me this doesn't make you feel good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iTX3-cbWnM

No comments: