Monday, April 14, 2008

Touch the ground

'If you think that peace and happiness are somewhere else and you run after them, you will never arrive. It is only when you realize that peace and happiness are available here in the present moment that you will be able to relax. In daily life, there is so much to do and so little time. You may feel pressured to run all the time. Just stop! Touch the ground of the present moment deeply, and you will touch real peace and joy.'
-Thich Nhat Hahn

God...I pray that i can stop living in the future, wondering and wishing, and attempting to manipulate your plan. Help me to follow you, and listen to your voice calling me in each moment. Help me to chase after you instead. Help me to sink deep into each moment that you have given me, and appreciate the beauty of your creation. Help me to find my peace and joy in you. And help this prayer be genuine, and from my heart. Help my words to have meaning, and help me to trust in your promises.
Help me praise you in each moment, every day, for who you are.

Amen.

No comments: