Friday, March 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Vol. 1

After realizing recently that all of the blogs that I follow (stalk), including of course Jen at Conversion Diary have hopped on the 7 Quick Takes bandwagon, I decided its probably time to go ahead and start linking up myself!

1. Speaking of blog stalking, I have been manically checking this hilarious girl's blog pretty much every day for her next recap of the bachelor. Obviously, I don't watch the bachelor, since I don't even know what day it's on TV, which would cue me in to when her next post will be up. But I do have to admit that I love reality TV, and her recaps make my week. I have a strange fascination with any show that allows me to watch someone else's "Real Life"...although I'm sure most reality shows are much more staged than I'd like to believe.

2. It's recently been brought to my attention that instead of dreaming about things that I wish could happen, I actually should do something to make things happen in my life. It's been about two years since I've written any new music (although I think I get a pass since in that time I've gotten married and had a child), but I think it's time to stop wishing that I was writing more, and actually do it. Ready...break.

3. Yesterday was my husbands 25th birthday. It's official...he is no longer in his early twenties, and we are getting older. But are we in a rush to be full-fledged adults? Not really. Currently, we have no idea where he will be working past May of this year, or where we will be living. And to be honest? That's ok. We've figured it out before and we will figure it out again.

4. I am sad to say that the commitments that I made to prayer and fasting for this season of Lent have not been going all that well. As embarrassing as this is, I actually gave up using google for lent (If you are a new mom, then I don't need to explain) in an effort to trust God, and my motherly intuition more and stop driving myself crazy with information that I do not need. I have slipped, to say the least. Today, I also need to recommit to praying the liturgy of the hours. I started out saying that I would pray either morning or evening prayer, and its been a while since I've done either, so I know what I will be doing once naptime rolls around today.

5. Speaking of naptime, Tommy recently started having a terrible time going down for naps, and yesterday I just let him cry. He cried for a half an hour before he fell asleep, and I felt terrible, but last night when he went to bed he only cried for five minutes. Here's hoping that he's just one of those babies who can figure this whole thing our really fast and I won't have to listen to him wail for hours on end. Cry it out is something I swore to myself that I would never do, but he needs his sleep and so do I, and for now at least I'm giving it a shot...we'll see how long that lasts.

6. I went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in about two (maybe longer) years. Suffice it to say, I have a few cavities. I don't know if other people feel this way, but whenever stuff like this happens I feel an inappropriate amount of shame, and I really felt like I was about to get sent to the principles office or something like that. But, thankfully, my new dentist is a very nice man, and assured me that once I get a few teeth taken care of, I will be good to go for a long while. Lets hope.

7. This face makes me very, very happy, and even though I am dog tired, I see more and more every day the little boy coming out in him, and the little baby fading into the background. Yesterday he figured out that if he laughs, I laugh back, so we spent about fifteen minutes just laughing at each other. Oh, I love him.





Join Jen!! Happy Friday

No comments: