Tuesday, March 30, 2010

There's one thing on earth no one can touch, it's the sleep of a satisfied man

There is this song called "satisfied man" by Stephen Kellogg that I literally listened about thirty times in the car on the way home on Friday. There was just something about it that really struck me, and convinced me that the we don't need to surrender our joy to anything, or anyone. I can say with complete conviction that I am happy. I am stressed, yes...and there are days when i am worried about the future. But somehow, nothing lately has been able to take away my peace and the happiness that I feel. I have a beautiful life. I have a God who loves me so much that He will speak words of peace and comfort to my heart when I seek Him in prayer...A God who has a plan for me, and whose gift to me is the opportunity to serve Him! I have a family that can come together under the best and worst circumstances, and who can put their frustrations and differences aside in order to love each other. I have friends who are more vibrant and loving and just simply fantastic than i can even describe. I have a man in my life who I am convinced I would do anything for. The sun is shining...things are becoming green again. Every moment is gift. I'm gonna do everything that I can not to let Satan, or any of his stupid plans interrupt my joy...Sorry Satan..it's not gonna work.

No one can interfere, or get inside here to the sleep of a satisfied man.
or woman...

No comments: