Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Blog

So...I've decided that i need a new blog, and my new blog needs to have some kind of purpose. I've been trying to think of ways to keep myself accountable lately, and i feel like being able to write what I'm thinking and feeling about my walk with Christ would be a good thing. Being able to write things out always gives me a good amount of perspective, so i think I'm going to be doing my bible studies here for a while.

I know naming a blog isn't the most important thing in the world...but the reason i named this blog what i did is because Laura and i were talking about the quote by Mother Theresa the other night, and I've had a few other conversations lately about the same thing...and it's really been hitting me.

"I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love."

My high school death class teacher used to talk about how life-and our faith-is full of paradoxes. and He is right. I'm not even going to go into how paradoxical the life of Christ is...but. There it is. Things are rarely what they seem, and there are reasons for everything. Obedience and freedom, pain and love, death and life are all connected. You can't have one without the other. Walking with Christ, and attempting to live a life of holiness is full of pain...its hard. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense...and sometimes you feel like you are moving in the opposite direction of where you want to go. But if you jump into it full force, with no reservations, things change. Obedience feels like freedom, death turns into life, and pain becomes love the more and more we give of ourselves.

What i need to train myself to do is give until it hurts...and to pour all of my energies out into learning as much as i can and reaching out as far as i can to come closer to Christ. Hopefully being able to write down my reflections on scripture and just what is happening in my walk will help me to be able to look at things a little more objectively.


No comments: